MUSIC-haic aims to provide the aeronautic industry with an Ice Crystal Icing (ICI) numerical capability usable for both design and certification purposes and will bring the following main results:
- A better understanding of ICI physics
- Several new experimental databases to provide data for model development
- A comprehensive set of models to simulate ICI phenomena
- Updated 2D and 3D numerical tools with a validated ICI capability
- Clear conclusions on tools’ validation level and remaining limitations at the end of the project
- A set of best numerical practices to be followed to obtain exploitable results.